Monday, September 14, 2015

All different places

Now that our big girl is at school Monday through Friday, and we don't have any foster placements, I only have 2 kids learning at home with me. It is a very different pace than last year, or even 4 months ago. It has slowed down so much since last fall, when we carted an infant around with us all the time, everywhere.

Yes, I have one child in a public school. But I am still a SAHM, I am still homeschooling the younger ones, and I still teach group homeschool classes on Tuesdays. I feel like I have a toe in many different pools. but that I am not truly connected with any one party or specific group.

I've always kind of been like that, I guess. Social butterfly, friend to all.

I want to say that I thought I would feel guilt or pressure when I chose to put my child into a public school. I had a few other people, mostly other homeschooling families, question this choice, and I was a little apprehensive about how the transition would go for my child. However, none of my fears became reality. Now that the responsibility for her education is on others, and I am not her primary teacher every day, I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. And because she loves school, and genuinely enjoys learning, there is no mommy guilt (though I really thought there would be). Win-win!

As for being in all different places: it's true. I've driven over 10,000 miles in my van since we got it in April. Oops. (That mileage doesn't include the days we've used one of my husband's vehicles to get around.)

No comments: