Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18th



March 18, 2015:



I’ve had some major disappointments this week.



It would be easy to curl up in bed and cry. It would be easy to say “no” to everything. It would be easy to give up on being happy or moving forward. It would be easy to take out my frustrations on others. However, I am rarely ever called to take the EASY road. No, that would just be too.... easy. I have the sneaking suspicion that this is not one of those “easy” times. I might feel shaken up, beaten down, depressed or disappointed, I might not be joyful or thankful about certain things… BUT…



But Jesus is on my side. And He continues to show me that my life is not based only on the circumstances that surround me. I do not need to put away joy just because some things happening around me are painful, or hard to swallow, or just plain sad and unfair.

 Psalms tells us that “Joy comes in the morning.” 
That means THIS morning, and EVERY morning, should be joyful.




I might not be good at being thankful in all circumstances, but I think I can take it one day, or one hour, or just one minute at a time. Maybe. 




Maybe I can do this. 




Here’s to joy.







PS: No, God, I did not ask for patience. I am just plain tired of being patient!



Maybe if I quit asking for it, then I won’t have to wait so long?



Wishful thinking, I know. But it’s worth a try.

No comments: