Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tough Decision, part 2

Two and a half months ago, when I wrote about a tough decision that I had to make for our family, I was really struggling with what was the right thing to do. I felt like whichever way I went, there would be loss, or unfairness, or unhappiness for at least one of us, if not more. Mike and I talked about it at length, but ultimately he left the final choice to me. (Why?! Why do I have to be the one to make the final call?! I hate having that pressure, but he's right, it's something *I* had to decide.)

Well, since that tough decision was made in May, our circumstances have changed somewhat. We have the baby back with us, indefinitely. Everyone has adjusted really well to having the baby around. We are comfortable in our home. We were thinking that four kids under our roof was a pretty good number. A "comfortable" number, if you will.

Then last week we got a phone call. There is a boy who needs a home and a family. No one else is willing to take him. Would we be willing to meet him? We're going to meet him on Friday, and see how it goes.

If you pray or think of us over the next week, please pray for this young boy too. He's been through so many tragedies and transitions in his young life already. I don't know how he will handle these latest changes.